Central and Southern Florida Flood Resiliency Study
The South Florida Water Management District and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers are partnering to advance the Central and Southern Florida Flood Resiliency Study under Section 216 of the Flood Control Act of 1970. The C&SF Flood Resiliency Study will recommend flood risk management (FRM) projects to build flood resiliency, now and into the future, and reduce flood risks that affect population, property, and critical infrastructure in the communities served by the C&SF water management system within the lower southeast coast of Florida in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. Read FAQs about how this study is integrated to the SFWMD Sea Level Rise and Flood Resiliency Plan and the Flood Protection Level of Service Program.
SFWMD's and USACE's Section 216 C&SF Flood Resiliency Study
USACE C&SF Flood Resiliency Study Webpage
Upcoming Workshops to Develop Plan Alternatives (These meetings are virtual only).
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Broward and Hillsboro Basins
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. - Little River and Nearby Basins
Thursday, February 16, 2023 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Miami River and Nearby Basins
Friday, February 17, 2023 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. - South Miami Basins
Participants can join using WebEx: https://usace1.webex.com/meet/zulamet.z.vega-liriano
Join by phone: 1.844.800.2712 or 1.669.234.1177 Access Code: 199 148 6470
Send any questions to CSFFRSComments@usace.army.mil
Planning Meetings on January 11-12, 2023
- Agenda for the Central & Southern Florida (C&SF) Flood Resiliency Study Planning Meetings on January 11 and 12, 2023
Past NEPA Scoping Meetings
Two Virtual NEPA Scoping Meetings were held on Monday November 28, 2022.
- Presentations from the January 11 and January 12, 2023 C&SF Planning Meetings
- SFWMD and USACE's Section 216 C&SF Flood Resiliency Study Workshop Presentations on October 26 and October 27, 2022
- Governing Board Presentation on September 8, 2022
- Governing Board Presentation on March 12, 2020
- SFWMD Endorsement Letter and Governing Board Resolution
- Appraisal Report
- Letters of Support
- If you have questions or need any additional information, please email email@example.com.
The District is also coordinating with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on several resiliency planning initiatives, including the South Atlantic Coastal Study, the Miami-Dade Back Bay Coastal Storm Risk Management Feasibility Study, the Collier County Coastal Storm Risk Management Feasibility Study, and the Florida Keys Coastal Storm Risk Management Feasibility Study.