Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The South Florida Water Management District's Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Data Catalog and Open Data Site provide visual and spatial data about water resource systems. GIS can be interactive and may include images. For example, we offer contour data, but not contour maps. Special software is needed to use these GIS files.
GIS data loaded into our Enterprise GIS Data Library is available through the GIS Data Catalog and our new Open Data portal. Both sites will run in parallel until Oct. 1, 2018, when the older GIS Data Catalog will be retired.
If the data you want is not available at these sites, it is because:
- SFWMD does not have the data
- SFWMD considers the data to be security-sensitive
- SFWMD does not own the data (it may be licensed from a vendor or acquired from another agency)
- SFWMD staff has not published the data on this site
If you have a contract to perform work for the SFWMD and need GIS data that is not available by these methods, please contact your project manager or contract administrator to acquire the data you need.
GIS/Spatial Data Links
- SFWMD Open Data Portal
- SFWMD GIS Data Catalog – Will be retired after Oct. 1, 2018
- SFWMD Arc Hydro Enhanced Database [PDF]
- SFWMD Monitoring Locations
- Hydrogeologic Data (aquifers, wells, surface water and meteorological data) – access with DBHydro Browser
- Florida DEP LABINS (SFWMD USGS-spec DOQQs) aerial photographs
- Florida Division of Emergency Management LiDAR (elevation)
- USGS Florida Groundwater Data
- Florida Geographic Data Library (FGDL), University of Florida, Geoplan Center
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- St. Johns River Water Management District
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- U.S. Department of the Interior LANDSAT images