Welcome to SFWMD web conferencing using web boards. We are committed to providing the public with the ability to participate online in discussion forums on subjects that are important to the many communities that we serve. With these web boards, we are able to bring individuals together who are geographically dispersed to provide review and comments. Our goal is to foster communication globally or locally among people with common interests whether their background is professional, civic or social. These web boards can be used anywhere, any time with the use of a web browser.
SFWMD Peer Review Categories
- Lower West Coast Surficial & Intermediate Aquifer System Model
The Lower West Coast Surficial & Intermediate Aquifer System Model is a MODFLOW groundwater flow model developed by the Groundwater Modeling Unit of the Water Supply Bureau. This category serves as a repository to allow peer review panelists to review model documents, submit their comments and distribute documents such as draft and final peer review reports.
- DRAFT South Florida Environmental Report
This category provides annual peer review and public comment on the draft South Florida Environmental Report (SFER), which provides an annual update of agency reporting on the Everglades, Lake Okeechobee, Kissimmee Basin and Coastal Ecosystems.
- SFWMD Annual Permit Reports
This category provides for annual review and comment on SFWMD permit reports. Annual permit reports are included as Volume III of the final SFER.
- East Coast Floridan Aquifer System Model
The East Coast Floridan Aquifer System Model is a density dependent flow model that was developed by Golder Associates Inc. on behalf of SFWMD. The model was developed using SEAWAT-2000. This web board serves as a repository to allow panelists to submit their comments on the documentation and to distribute documents such as the draft and final peer review reports.
- Upper Kissimmee - Operations Simulation (UK-OPS) Model
The UK-OPS Model has been created and is maintained by the South Florida Water Management District. This model is a computational tool that can be used to evaluate various water management operations and surface water withdrawal scenarios for both continuous simulations and position analysis. As part of the development life cycle of this model, two experts in hydrologic modeling have been chosen to examine and evaluate the model’s conceptual formulation and review how the model has been applied to address project objectives for various projects in South Florida. The purpose of this work is to improve the overall quality of the UK-OPS Model by identifying the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations in the model theory, conceptual formulation, and typical applications.
SFWMD MFL and Water Reservation Categories
These categories serve as a nexus of communication between independent scientific peer review panelists, stakeholders and SFWMD staff. They provide the public with the opportunity to observe and participate in the review of the technical documents, data, modeling and assumptions used to draft rules that will protect natural system waters. Scientific peer review panels are convened to review technical information used to support the establishment of a minimum flow and minimum water level (MFL) or a water reservation rule. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process and may ask questions or present relevant scientific data to the peer review panelist during their evaluations. All such comments will be included in the rule development record. These categories are as follows:
- MFL Re-evaluation for the Caloosahatchee River Estuary: http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=609645
- Water Reservation for the Kissimmee Basin: http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=383959
- Water Reservation for the CERP Caloosahatchee River (C-43) West Basin Storage Reservoir: http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=224365
- MFL Re-evaluation for Florida Bay: http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=609651
- Water Reservation for the CERP Biscayne Bay Coastal Wetlands Project (Phase 1): http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=224367
- Water Reservation Rule for the North Fork of the St. Lucie River: http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=609647
- Water Reservations for Picayune Strand and Fakahatchee Estuary: http://sfwmd.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=609648
SFWMD Projects Categories
- Western Basins Water Resource Evaluation Study
The project provides the foundation for a broader evaluation of potential hydrologic and water quality improvements in the Western Everglades and result in a basin watershed management plan.
- C-139/Western Basins Regional Feasibility Study Project
This category has been established to assist in disseminating information and documents to interested parties within the C-139 Basin Region. It will also be used to receive for consideration interested parties' comments related to the study documents.
- The Loxahatchee Impoundment Landscape Assessment (LILA)
The Loxahatchee Impoundment Landscape Assessment facility or LILA is a physical model of the Everglades. This living laboratory is located on the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge. LILA is a facility designed to help scientists, engineers and the general public better understand the effects of flowing water on the soil, plant and wildlife communities of the Everglades. The purpose of this category is to facilitate an exchange of information between the researchers and managers and to provide a place for the public to follow the development of the project.