News and Events
The South Florida Water Management District's 16-county region has more than 8 million residents in some of the largest media markets in the United States. Clear communication is important to convey the work that the agency is doing to manage and protect South Florida’s water resources.
The SFWMD Office of Communications produces a wide range of materials, including this website, to meet that objective. Full-time media relations staff also work with reporters to get them timely information.
Here are a few of the ways you can get updated information about the District:
- Subscribe to news updates
- Read news releases and fact sheets
- Follow us on Twitter: @SFWMD and @SFWMD_EM
- Watch videos on Vimeo or see photos on Flickr
- Listen to SFWMD's SOUNDSCIENCE podcast
- Attend a public meeting