Do you have a product or service you want to offer the South Florida Water Management District? Would you like to submit a bid for work on a District project? The District purchases goods and services from vendors throughout the state and nationwide. This helps us tap into the expertise and versatility offered by private businesses and the entrepreneurial community while controlling costs, expanding opportunities in the communities we serve and reaching out to small businesses.
Purchase orders and agreements are governed by the agency's commitment to quality, cost effectiveness, efficiency and fairness in a competitive arena as well as adherence to applicable statutes, rules and regulations. Officers and employees of the District are governed by the Florida Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees.
Our procurement process is streamlined to simplify doing business with us. We invite you to register your business and explore the current solicitations/business opportunities available.
Current Solicitations/Contract Opportunities
Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
Small businesses play a big role in our state economy. Now, through implementation of the South Florida Water Management District's Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Rule 40E-7, Part VI, F.A.C., these firms have increased opportunities to participate in projects and initiatives that are important to our region.
The SBE program offers additional consideration to small business enterprises in the District solicitation process. The rule includes provisions for bid equalization, sheltered markets and SBE subcontractor participation goals in proposals and bids.
To participate, firms must be certified by the District and must demonstrate that the three-year average gross receipts of the business, together with its affiliates, does not exceed $13 million for construction, $5 million for commodities and $6 million for services.
To become a certified SBE, you must:
- Register your business as a vendor; and
- Complete a SBE Certification/Recertification Application and attach:
- Business license
- Tax returns for the last three years for the applicant (including affiliates) OR
- Documentation that provides certification and expiration dates of SBE certification by another Florida government entity.
The District will review your application and respond within 60 days. Meanwhile, please visit the Procurement Current Solicitations and Contracts Opportunities Calendar to find out about current and pending procurement opportunities.
- SBE Rule [PDF]
- SBE Subcontractor Participation Schedule (Form 0956) [XLSX]
- SBE Subcontractor Revised Participation Schedule (Form 1373) [XLSX]
- SBE Statement of Intent to Perform as a SBE Subcontractor (Form 0957) [DOCX]
- SBE Certification Application (Form 1231) [PDF] [XLSX]
- SBE Recertification Application (Form 1232) [PDF] [XLSX]
- SBE Subcontractor Utilization Report (Form 1217) [DOC]
- SBE Final Subcontractor Utilization Report (Form 1218) [DOC]
- SBE Directory
Your interest in doing business with the South Florida Water Management District is welcomed. To become a registered vendor in our database, please take a few moments to read the Vendor Manual, How to do Business with the District, and complete and return the Business/Vendor Registration Application (brief instructions and application forms below). In addition to registration procedures, the Vendor Manual contains important information about SFWMD procurement policy and procedures.
When completing the application, please make sure to include your Federal Tax Identification or Social Security Number and the five (5) digit code of the commodities or services that you are interested in providing to the SFWMD. You can find those codes on the Commodity Code List. We appreciate your interest and look forward to doing business with you.
Notification of Social Security Number Collection and Usage
In compliance with Florida Statute 119.071 (5), the District is providing contractors with notice that it collects the Social Security numbers of those independent contractors without a Federal Employer Identification Number for the purpose of reporting income as required by law.
Return your completed application (forms linked below) as an email attachment to CMDM@sfwmd.gov, or fax to (561) 682-5133.
- Important Vendor Information [PDF]
- Business/Vendor Registration - Application (Form 0661) [PDF]
- Business/Vendor Registration - Application (Form 0661) [DOCX]
- Commodity Code List [PDF]
- Vendor Abbreviations [PDF]
- Vendor Suspension Rule [PDF]
- Suspended Vendor List [PDF]
Vendor Payment Search
Our Vendor Payment website provides information about District disbursements to vendors.
- Search for payments to District vendors from June 2006 to the current date, using the Recipient name
- View payment totals for a District vendor and drill down to detailed information, including payment dates and amounts