Special Use License (SUL)
Looking for a Special Use License from the South Florida Water Management District?
Read the information below.
Special Use License
Special Use Licenses can be obtained at no cost. A Special Use License or ‘SUL’ allows the public to engage in various recreational activities including camping, equestrian camping, camping with a RV or Travel Trailer and more on South Florida Water Management District property.
Special Use Licenses for January 1, 2024 to May 31, 2024 are now open.
The District will issue Special Use Licenses on a first-come, first-served basis when the area and facilities can accommodate the requested use and such use is consistent with the protection of natural resources.
- Read these FAQs about Special Use Licenses
- SFWMD Public Recreation Use Rule for District-owned Lands (40E-7) [PDF]
New User/Register Account
- Read the Instructions to Create An Account
- Read the Instructions to Obtain a Special Use License
- Register Here
Please check availability before creating an account. A Special Use License request is fully automated and only takes a few minutes to process.
- Log In Here. Enter your email address and password if you have an existing account.
Reservation Cancellations and Changes
If you are unable to keep a Special Use License for any reason or need to make a change, please follow the instructions below:
- Instructions to Cancel/Modify A Special Use License
- Special Use License Website (Click on View/Change Permit)
- If you need to modify your Special Use License after your arrival date or your reservation has already started, please email SpecialUseLicense@sfwmd.gov.
Forgot Password/Change Password
If you forgot your password or need to change your password, please follow the instructions below:
Important Information about Special Use Licenses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Gate Combination Information
- This license must be in your possession at all times during your visit, either electronically or in paper form.
NOTE: If you would prefer to print out and mail in the Special Use License application, see the directions below.