Special Use License (SUL)
In certain instances, a no-cost Special Use License issued by the District may be required for some activities as listed in Rule 40E-7.
To obtain a license, please read the Special Use License Application section below, click the link to the online application and complete the form.
Special Use License Application
A Special Use License request is fully automated and only takes a few minutes to process.
- New Users: Before proceeding, the new form requires a one-time registration to allow users to view or change future reservations while providing added security. To register:
- Use the “Select Option” bar and choose the activity you need to register to obtain a permit.
- Select the SFWMD recreation site you intend to visit.
- Click the “Search” button.
- On the next page, select the permit type.
- Press “Continue.”
- Click the “Add Account” button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, enter the required information and click “Add Account.”
- A verification email from email@example.com will be sent to the email address you provided. Follow the instructions on the email to verify your account with SFWMD. Your registration will not be complete until you verify your account from this email.
- If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select the dates for your permit.
- Confirm your application information and submit it.
A one-time registration is required in order to use the website. A “no-reply” email address will then be sent to you with a link that verifies and activates your account for usage. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS LINK AND VERIFY THE ACCOUNT, THE ACCOUNT WILL REMAIN INACTIVE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR REQUEST. Check your spam or junk folder if you do not receive this link in your inbox. If you do not receive the link, please email email@example.com and a representative will manually activate the account for you.
Important information about Special Use Licenses:
- This permit must be in your possession at all times during your visit, either electronically or in paper form.
- Please note that a vehicle access authorization or equestrian license does not allow camping overnight.
- Commercial activity on District lands is prohibited under Rule 40E-7 F.A.C.
- You are required to include your first and last name on all Special Use Licenses or vehicle access authorizations.
- Gate combinations change each month. You may log into your account at any time and view your current license and the current gate combination will always be displayed.
- Passwords can be changed by selecting the “forgot password” button on the log in page. If you have difficulty with this feature, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you need additional information about Special Use Licenses, read these frequently asked questions to learn more.
NOTE: If you would prefer to print out and mail in the Special Use License application, directions and a link to the form are available on the Recreation web page. Paper copies of a Special Use License require 7 to 10 business days to process.
Cancellations and Changes
If you are unable to keep a Special Use License for any reason or need to make a change, please log into the online application and update your reservation. The number of sites and Special Use Licenses are limited, and your cancellation will allow others an opportunity.