Budget & Finance Reports
The South Florida Water Management District's annual budget is funded by a combination of property taxes and other sources such as state appropriations; federal and local revenue; licenses; permit fees; grants; agricultural taxes; fund balances; and investment income.
The agency is a special taxing district with the authority to collect ad valorem (property) taxes from landowners within its 16-county jurisdiction. The Fiscal Year (FY) starts Oct. 1 and ends Sept. 30 of the following year.
Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget
- FY2019-2020 Proposed Investment Opportunities Workshop Presentation (June 12, 2019) [PDF]
- FY2019-2020 Overview Workshop Presentation (June 12, 2019) [PDF]
- FY2019-2020 Preliminary Budget Submission (Jan. 15, 2019) [PDF]
- Presentation: SFWMD Fiscal Year 2019-20 DRAFT Preliminary Budget Development Update (Dec. 13, 2018) [PDF]
Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Budget
- FY2018-2019 Fund Center Line Item Budget Report [PDF]
- FY2018-2019 Functional Area Line Item Budget Report [PDF]
- SFWMD Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 [PDF]
- Presentation: FY2018-2019 Final Public Budget Adoption Hearing (Sept. 25, 2018) [PDF]
- Presentation: SFWMD Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Tentative Public Budget Adoption Hearing (Sept. 13, 2018) [PDF]
- FY2018-2019 Tentative Budget Submission (Aug. 1, 2018) [PDF]
- Presentation: SFWMD Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Proposed Tentative Budget & Proposed Millage Rates – July 12, 2018 [PDF]
- FY2018-2019 Preliminary Budget Submission (Jan. 15, 2018) [PDF]
- Presentation: SFWMD Fiscal Year 2018-2019 DRAFT Preliminary Budget Update (Jan. 11, 2018) [PDF]
- Presentation: SFWMD Fiscal Year 2018-2019 DRAFT Preliminary Budget Update (Dec. 14, 2017) [PDF]
The strategic plan provides the South Florida Water Management District and the public it serves with the blueprint for successfully meeting the water resource management regional priorities for a five-year period and beyond. It acts to focus the agency’s efforts on its core mission functions of flood control, water supply, natural systems/water quality to put these commitments and strategies into action to help make a difference in South Florida’s future.
Monthly Financial Statements
With the implementation of Senate Bills 2142 and 2096, Florida's water management districts are making monthly financial statements publicly available to demonstrate how they are utilizing taxpayer dollars. To further increase transparency, the District will provide monthly statements to the SFWMD Governing Board at its regular business meetings.
In accordance with Section 189-016(7), F.S. "...the adopted amendment must be posted on the official website of the special district within 5 days after adoption."
- FY2017-2018 Budget Amendment #3 [PDF]
- FY2017-2018 Budget Amendment #2 [PDF]
- FY2017-2018 Budget Amendment #1 [PDF]
- Previous Budget Amendments
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
Each year, the District prepares a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The CAFR provides a wealth of information, including audited financial statements, an overview of the agency including its background, general operations, geographical boundaries and regulatory powers. In addition, the CAFR provides details about major initiatives, the economic outlook, financial policies and statistics about property tax revenue by county, principal property taxpayers, demographics and much more.
Fiscal Year 2016-2017