To lobby the South Florida Water Management District, state law (Florida Statute 112.3261) requires registration (Florida Statute 112.3261). A person may not lobby the SFWMD until he or she has registered as a lobbyist with the District Clerk's Office. Such registration shall be due upon initially being retained to lobby and is renewable on a calendar-year basis thereafter. The Florida Commission on Ethics has the authority to investigate sworn complaints that a lobbyist or principal failed to register with the SFWMD or knowingly submitted false information in a registration.
To complete registration, please fill out the lobbyist registration form and principal's authorization according to the instructions in the link below. Both completed documents should be submitted to the SFWMD Clerk. NOTE: A separate registration must be submitted to each water management district that an individual intends to lobby.
To cancel a current registration, please complete and submit the SFWMD Lobbyist Registration Cancellation form. Cancellations may be submitted by either the lobbyist or the principal.
- Lobbyist Registration Documents: Instructions, Form and Principal's Authorization [PDF]
- Lobbyist Registration Cancellation Form [PDF]
- NAICS Code 2012
- Reference Information
- FAQs: Water Management District Lobbyist Registration Process [PDF]
- Florida Statute 112.3261 – Lobbying Water Management Districts
- Chapter 34-12 – Executive Branch Lobbyist Registration Rules
- U.S. Census Bureau: NAICS Business Classification Information
- Florida Statute 112.3215 – Executive Branch Lobbying
- Florida House of Representatives Rule 17.1(i) Disclosure