Water Supply Facilities Work Plans
A Water Supply Facilities Work Plan identifies and plans for the water supply sources and facilities needed to serve existing and new development within a county's or municipality's jurisdiction. Within 18 months of the District adopting or updating a Regional Water Supply Plan, each local government within that region must prepare and adopt a Work Plan that will become part of its comprehensive plan.
The District has the following tools available to assist local governments in developing their Work Plans:
Documents and Guides
- Water Supply Facilities Work Plan Updates SFWMD Technical Assistance Guide [PDF] – The guide is intended to assist local governments in updating their existing Work Plans.
- Frequently Asked Questions: How and Why to Update a Water Supply Facilities Work Plan [PDF]
- SFWMD Regional Water Supply Plans and Updates:
- Related Work Plan Resources:
- District Staff are available to provide technical assistance, to local government staff while Work Plans and comprehensive plan amendments are updated and adopted.