As we enter the season of Thanksgiving, we are especially grateful for our talented team of employees, past and present, for their service to the citizens of South Florida. Did you know the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) has employees working from Orlando to the Florida Keys to safeguard and restore South Florida's water resources and ecosystems, protect our communities from flooding, and meet the region's water needs?
You count on us to manage every drop of water that moves through SFWMD's canals, natural areas, levees and water control structures. Our work and our mission depend on the men and women in our agency from engineers and maintenance technicians to scientists and meteorologists, to business analysts and administrative staff, who are all making a difference for the people and the environment in South Florida. Every day our team is working to:
- Advance Everglades restoration.
- Protect and restore South Florida’s ecosystems.
- Provide water supply for society and the environment.
- Monitor weather conditions and manage water levels throughout the District's water control system.
- Protect South Florida's communities from flooding.
- Ensure the region's water resources and ecosystems are resilient now and into the future.
If you are interested in joining the talented team at the District, we encourage you to consider a career at SFWMD.To learn more about current job opportunities, visit sfwmd.gov/careers.