The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) opened the following navigational locks today, at the beginning of operating hours.
- Martin County: S-135 Boat Lock, J&S Fish Camp
- Okeechobee County: G-36 Boat Lock, Henry Creek
- Okeechobee County: S-193 Boat Lock, Taylor Creek
- Glades County: S-127 Boat Lock, Buckhead Ridge
- Glades County: S-131 Boat Lock, Lakeport
- Hendry County: S-310 Boat Lock, Clewiston (Re-opened on 9/29)
Navigational Locks Listed Below Remain Closed Until Further Notice
These locks will remain closed until high water conditions in the Kissimmee Chain of Lakes and Kissimmee River recede.
- Okeechobee/Glades County: S-65E, Kissimmee River
- Okeechobee/Highlands County: S-65D Boat Lock
- Osceola/Polk County: S-65A Boat Lock
- Osceola/Polk County: S-65, Lake Kissimmee
- Osceola County: S-61, Cypress Lake and Lake Tohopekaliga
Anglers and boaters may also access local waterways through other public boat ramps. Visit FWC Boat Ramp Finder to find one near you.