Chauncey Goss, Board Chairman
SOUTH FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
Chauncey Goss is the founder and managing partner of Goss Practical Solutions – a firm that provides federal fiscal policy analysis and budget forecasting. Prior to starting the firm, Goss served as Deputy Staff Director and Director of Budget Review for the House Budget Committee under Paul Ryan.
Before working on Capitol Hill, Goss worked for the Executive Office of the President in the Office of Management and Budget's National Security Division where he was instrumental in ensuring the Department of Defense and intelligence community were properly resourced. Prior to that, he worked as a strategic planner under contract to the Air Force, Navy and intelligence community.
As a long-time resident of Southwest Florida, Goss first became involved with water quality issues when he worked as the Executive Director of the Gasparilla Island Conservation and Improvement Association on Boca Grande in the early 1990s.
Goss grew up on Sanibel Island and currently lives there with his wife and three sons. He is active in his community and serves as an elected member of the Sanibel City Council. He is past Chair of the Board of Trustees at the Canterbury School in Fort Myers. He serves on the boards of Captains for Clean Water (Treasurer); the Southwest Florida Community Foundation (Executive Committee); the Sanibel Captiva Conservation Foundation; and the United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee counties. He has served as an appointed member of the Lee County Coastal Advisory Council and as an appointed member to the Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program's Management Committee.
He received a B.A. (Area Studies – Political Science, Environmental Studies, English) from Rollins College and a Master's Degree in Public Policy from Georgetown University.
Current Term: March 2019 - March 2023
Phone: (561) 682-6262
Areas Represented: Lee, Collier, Hendry and Charlotte counties
Appointed By: Governor Ron DeSantis
Original Appointment: March 2019
- B.A., Area Studies (Political Science, Environmental Studies, English) – Rollins College
- M.A., Public Policy – Georgetown University
SFWMD Governing Board, 3210
P.O. Box 24680
West Palm Beach, FL 33416-4680
Fax: (561) 682-6010
Occupation: Founder and Managing Partner, Goss Practical Solutions
Professional, Business and Service Affiliations:
- Council Member, Sanibel City Council
- Treasurer, Captains for Clean Water
- Executive Committee Member, Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Board Member, Sanibel Captiva Conservation Foundation
- Board Member, United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee counties
- Past Chair of the Board of Trustees, Canterbury School in Fort Myers
- Past Member, Lee County Coastal Advisory Council
- Past Member, Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program's Management Committee