April 2, 2020
Meetings will include online public engagement as part of SFWMD's efforts to engage public and stakeholders while preventing potential spread of COVID-19
The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) Governing Board invites the public to participate online for its upcoming Governing Board Workshop and Monthly Business Meeting next week.
Both the Workshop and Business Meeting will be held online only using Zoom, a free online meeting tool. The Workshop is Wednesday, April 8 at 1 p.m. and the Business Meeting is Thursday, April 9 at 9 a.m.
Instructions for how to register to watch the meetings and/or participate in public comment are below. Please note, you must register separately for each meeting.
Step 1: Pre-register for one or both meetings using the links below. You’ll receive an email immediately after registration with details on how to join the online meeting.
• Workshop on Wednesday, April 8 at 1 p.m.
• Business Meeting on Thursday, April 9 at 9 a.m.
Step 2: Review meeting agendas and presentations at: SFWMD.gov/Meetings.
Step 3: Engage in virtual Public Comment. Use this link to provide written public comment to the Governing Board ahead of the meeting. The same link can also be used to sign up to speak during the meeting as part of our pre-registered public comment list.
Keep in mind...
- Public speakers will have three minutes to provide spoken public comment during the meeting using Zoom.
- Pre-registration for spoken public comment and written public comment close at 5 p.m. the day before the meeting.
- If you miss the pre-registration sign up, you can use the “raise hand”feature in Zoom to indicate you’d like to provide public comment during the meeting.
You might be new to using Zoom, which is the online meeting tool we’re using to conduct this meeting. You can learn more about attending a Zoom meeting and even run a test on your computer, tablet or smart phone.
We are available to help with your questions. Use the orange “Ask Us” button at the top of our website, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.