July 14, 2017
Okeechobee, FL - With Lake Okeechobee levels now at 12.5 feet, all five navigation locks on the north shore are returning to normal operations. These locks will be open daily from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. beginning on Saturday, July 15:
- Okeechobee County: S-193 structure, Taylor Creek.
- Okeechobee County: G-36 structure, Henry Creek.
- Martin County: S-135 structure, J&S Fish Camp.
- Glades County: S-127 structure, Buckhead Ridge.
- Glades County: S-131 structure, Lakeport.
On the south shore, the S-310 lock at Clewiston in Hendry County has remained open even when lake levels were lower. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers manages the locks leading from the lake to the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee rivers.