Water Supply Facilities Work Plans
A Water Supply Facilities Work Plan identifies and plans for the water supply sources and facilities needed to serve existing and new development within a county's or municipality's jurisdiction. Within 18 months of the District adopting or updating a Regional Water Supply Plan, each local government within that region must prepare and adopt a Work Plan that will become part of its comprehensive plan.
The District has the following tools available to assist local governments in developing their Work Plans:
- Water Supply Facilities Work Plan Update Checklist [PDF] – These checklists provide basic information to be reviewed and updated for consistency with the applicable District Regional Water Supply Plan.
- Water Supply Facilities Work Plan Update/Amendment Guide [PDF] – The guide is intended to assist local governments in updating their existing Work Plans and provides additional information on how to update a Work Plan based on the Template for Water Supply Facilities Work Plan (see below).
- Template for Water Supply Facilities Work Plan [PDF] – The template provides a framework for creating a stand-alone Work Plan document, detailing the needed information to complete a Work Plan.
- Frequently Asked Questions: How and Why to Update a Water Supply Facilities Work Plan [PDF]
- Workshop PowerPoint Presentation [PDF]
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Related to Water Supply Facilities Work Plans and Regional Water Supply Plans [PDF]
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) – Water Supply Planning
- Regional Water Supply Plans: